A Passionate Networker is someone who truly loves meeting new people and learning new business ideas.
I have always enjoyed meeting new people and finding out ‘Their Story’.
From knowing only 6 people six years ago when I first arrived in Brisbane, to now being recognised as a professional networker, that truly cares about her members has been an interesting journey. Helping my members to build a strong referral based business, is a story of tenacity, hard work and a ‘never ever give up attitude’.
To be a great networker you need to have ‘a givers attitude’. Not doing or helping people for a quick return, but rather to see that this is a long-term commitment to people that you meet.
People can tell the difference.
Go to a networking event with a plan in mind. These simple steps are what I do:
- Who do you want to meet today?
- Take my business cards with me in a business card holder
- Take a photo on your phone camera of the business cards that you collect so you don’t lose them. Put the date and venue on them, so you can remember that person
- Take a notebook, to write up notes about the event and the people that you meet, that you want to follow up and connect with again
- Dress professionally, smile, be warm and genuine
- Don’t gossip or complain about other business people or businesses
- Follow up the people that you meet at the event the following morning and book a coffee meeting with them, to find out more about them and their business
- Enjoy networking and you will find that this is a great way to increase your business connections and to grow your client base.